Thursday, August 30, 2012

Routine, Routine

Since August 3rd was my last day of employment, I've fallen out of a routine of sorts.  My mom flew down for a visit, we had a few days to get ready for our trip, and then we spent just over a week in Naples, Italy and the surrounding areas.  Now that we're back, we've taken a couple days to  readjust to EST and started the packing process.  Today was the first morning that I went back to my normal breakfast routine of coffee followed by a smoothie.  And since I crave routines, it was exactly on par with what I wanted.


I've seriously tried a million combinations to perfect my breakfast smoothie to my likings, so now that I have found a favorite, I don't stray far from it: 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/2 a banana, 1 cup berries (or other fruit of your choice,) 1 tablespoon honey, 1 cup spinach, & 8 ice cubes.  I believe the very specific 8 ice cubes speaks to the fact that I don't stray far.  I sub different fruits for the berries, for instance I'm a big fan of using either peaches or pears there too.  However, not a fan of kiwi.  As much as I love kiwi, when I blend it I feel as if the ground up kiwi seeds make for an odd spice.  So there it is, my favorite breakfast smoothie.

In other news, our A/C is finally getting repaired.  I can hear the repairmen telling stories to each other in all sorts of adopted varied accents as I type.  This fix will also help my routine.  I've been packing in weird time increments since it's the upstairs air that broken.  It gets ridiculously humid in the afternoons, so that pretty much ends any packing streak I'd been on that AM.

On to non-routine things.

Since Carl was in the Charlotte airport last night he brought me back my favorite Apple Pie Apple from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.
Naturally, I wanted to eat it before it was no longer fresh so decided that it would serve as my lunch.  It was every bit as delicious as I expected.  If you ever get the chance to try one, I suggest you do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment