Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Wrapping Change Up

Literally five months ago, I re-pinned alternative gift wrapping ideas.  After seeing more ideas about Mod Podge book ornaments, I remembered it was something I wanted to try, but with my own twist.


All you need is a sturdy box (one that can definitely be used for more purposes after holding a gift; mine was $7 at Hobby Lobby;) Mod Podge, foam brushes, and a book.  Val collects all different versions and publications of Pride and Prejudice, so I was able to find a mini version with illustrations.  As an added bonus it also happened to be on clearance, score.


First, gently remove the book pages from the binding being careful not to tear it so you have crisp cut lines rather than torn edges.  If the book you're using has illustrations, sort through to pick the images you definitely want to use.  Lay out old newspaper, place a light coat of Mod Podge on a section of the box, cover with a page and apply another coat on top of the page.  Continue doing this in sections until the box and lid are covered.  Once everything has dried, go back over with a final coat of Mod Podge.  Let dry.


*I went more of a collage route rather than placing the pages right next to each other, but it's really whichever look you are going for.  Also, I did not do the inside of the box so as to keep the clean finish for whatever is placed in the box after gifts. 

Once everything is completely dry, line with tissue paper and place your gift inside.  I also found some festive red rope with gold embellishments which I knotted around the box to give it some Christmas spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment