Tuesday, November 20, 2012

White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

I made these muffins at least a month ago and have been meaning to post them every since!  And naturally, there's a story behind the recipe --

My mom was going to my dad's former cancer support group to see everyone.  He got a lot out of going and the people are absolutely amazing.  And amazingly strong at that.  I met everyone last year when I accompanied Dad for a December meeting; and furthermore they were there in April.  Since I have a spot in my heart for these group members, I wanted to make a treat for her to bring along.  I decided on muffins with a pumpkin flavoring because fall was in full force.

Now that it's the week of Thanksgiving, it's a perfect time to post this recipe - a sweet treat or a yummy breakfast!


White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
(adapted from this recipe)

1/2 cup unsalted butter - melted
1 cup pumpkin
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup Splenda sugar blend
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.  I usually spritz the bottom of the liner with non-stick cooking spray so the muffin slides out of the liner easily.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla extract.  Mix well.  Add in the sugar and all the spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  Mix until well combined.  Add the flour to the mixture in increments, making sure everything is thoroughly incorporated.  Finally, add the white chocolate chips and mix until just combined.

Pour batter into cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full.  Bake for 20-22 minutes.  (I also do the toothepick test.)  This recipe only makes 12 muffins, so if you want a larger batch make sure to double the ingredients!!    

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kara,

    We sure do miss your cooking. Have a good Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you!! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

    ReplyDelete