Monday, August 26, 2013

{Maker's Mark} Sugar Babe Cookies

This post is a bit late...  Father's Day was a bit trying this year to say the least.  It's been over a year since we lost my dad, but this was the first time I was here in the house without him on Father's Day.  And let me tell you - I never realized how many Father's Day email/advertisements were sent out until I got a million a day like a nagging little reminder.  SO, on Father's Day I did what naturally makes me feel better.  I baked.  And I baked with Maker's Mark bourbon to remind me of Dad.

Sugar Babe Cookies
adapted from the Maker's Mark That Special Touch cookbook

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1 orange rind, grated
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
4 Tbs Maker's Mark
3 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 egg white
Granulated sugar (for topping)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.


Cream butter and add sugar.  Add egg yolks, orange rind, cinnamon, vanilla, and Maker's Mark; mix well.  Gradually add in the flour and mix until well incorporated.

Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on baking sheet.  Press down with a fork, brush with egg white, and sprinkle with sugar.  Bake 13-15 minutes or until the bottoms barely begin to brown.  Watch carefully!  Let sit a few minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.


Enjoy with some bourbon; Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm wanting to make these for a cookie exchange party...can you tell me how many cookies this recipe yields? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! This recipe should make around 5 dozen. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete