Thursday, October 18, 2012

Easy Whole Wheat Rolls

I like making bread, but I don't love it.  Therefore, I'm always intrigued when I find a simple bread recipe.

Whole Wheat Rolls
(adapted from this recipe)

1 1/2 Tbs yeast
1 cup + 1 Tbs warm water
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Splenda sugar blend
1 tsp salt
3 cups whole wheat flour

Dissolve the yeast in the water and let sit 3-5 minutes.  Once it is foamy, add in the oil, sugar, and salt and mix well.  Add in the flour in 1 cup increments.  Stir until well incorporated (I used my Kitchen Aid dough hook for this.)

Knead the dough for 3-5 minutes until it is easy to work with.  Section into 8 pieces (bun size) or 12 pieces (dinner roll size.)  Shape as you please, place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, and cover with a kitchen towel.  Let the dough rise for 20 minutes.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Bake for 10 minutes.  Let cool and enjoy!  These were great with a soup for dinner and yummy the next morning with jam as breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment