Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cake Class #2

And here it is, my first decorating class creation:


You all may have seen my Facebook post last night about my monogrammed cake carrier and burlap tote bag.  To stick with the theme, I monogrammed an R with a rosette tail onto my cake and practiced star borders.  I'm very happy with how it turned out!

The class went over some tips of baking last week and I tried one on yesterday's cake.  If you're using a box mix to bake your cake, add one more egg than the box directions call for and a 3.4oz package of instant pudding in a coordinating flavor.  My cake came out sturdier (aka popped out of the pan without even flaking) and I had no crumbs when I frosted it!  I did funfetti with lemon pudding for fun.  It has a sweet taste with just a hint of lemon, yum.

Next week we're decorating and filling cupcakes.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment