Friday, January 11, 2013

Cherry Cordial Cookies

I am a HUGE dessert person.  I will willingly admit I have a sweet tooth (while Carl will not admit he has a sweet tooth, but hey, I'm not the only one that eats everything I bake....)  So when I talked to my cousin a couple days before our Christmas Eve get together and nothing about lots of desserts on the menu came up, I sprang into action and went on a baking spree.  These Cherry Cordial Cookies were one of my choice items and ended up getting rave reviews from all types of family members.  Score!


Cherry Cordial Cookies
(adapted from this recipe)

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup Splenda sugar blend
1 egg
1 tsp almond extract
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, well drained and patted dry
36 Hershey's Cherry Cordial Creme Kisses

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Whip the softened butter and sugar together.  Add in the egg and almond extract and mix well.  Gradually add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Mix until well incorporated.  Now add in the chopped maraschino cherries and mix until just combined.

Place small tablespoon sized dollops of dough on the cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms barely begin to brown.


As soon as the cookies are removed from the oven, firmly press a Hershey's Cherry Cordial Creme Kiss onto each one.  Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire cooling rack.

Enjoy your kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment