Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patty's Y'all

St. Patty's is such a fun holiday!  I love it, so I always try to do something fun to celebrate.  Back in North Carolina, that was usually going to the Emerald Isle festival.  This year, Carl came in town and we made a day downtown Chicago.  A green river, green beer, Irish food, and city full of festivity..what more could you ask for?!

Of course I've blogged about my love for Irish Car Bombs before and naturally we had several yesterday.  Just.so.good.

Irish Car Bomb
3/4 pint Guinness Stout
1/2 shot Jameson Irish Whiskey
1/2 shot Bailey's Irish Cream

Pour the Guinness into a glass or beer mug and let settle.  Pour Jameson and Bailey's into a shot glass.  Drop the shot glass into your Guinness and chug!

I actually tried a new stout drink while we were out and about too - a Black Velveteen.  Carl was not a fan, but I loved it!  Here's the recipe so you can try it too!

Black Velveteen
12oz Guinness Stout
4oz Magner's Irish Cider

Pour both into a large mug.  Serve and enjoy.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment