Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

The weather only got into the 60's yesterday and barely touched a breezy 70 degrees today.  That can only mean one thing: fall is near and it's time to start baking all things pumpkin.  This works well; pumpkin is one of my all time favorite flavors.  Normally I like to bake everything from scratch, but today was the first day I got back into the kitchen after moving.  And it's my mom's kitchen.  So since I haven't really lived here in quite some time, I chose to do any easier recipe in case I couldn't locate a necessary item or utensil.  And that's how I stumbled upon this recipe and tweaked it for the taste I had in mind.


Pumpkin Crunch Cake
(inspired by this  recipe)

1 15oz can pumpkin puree
1 12oz can fat free evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups Splenda sugar blend
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 box white or yellow cake mix
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter - melted

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan.  Mix together pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.  Pour mixture into pan.  Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mixture.  Don't mix this into the pumpkin mixture, but use the back of a spoon to lightly spread the cake mix to ensure it is evenly spread.  Sprinkle the white chocolate chips on top and drizzle with the melted butter.



Bake for 55-60 minutes.  In essence this is similar to a 'dump cake' so you will not be able to do the toothpick test to see if it is done; just make sure the top looks settled in all areas.





Let cool and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment