Friday, February 8, 2013

Nutella Crunch Cookies

As I was rooting around the cabinets yesterday, I noticed the Nutella was about to expire.  I mean, who knew Nutella expires?  It probably actually does not, but it does have a use by date.  I got to thinking about ways I could use the rest of it and settled on cookies.  Coincidentally, I had just tried the Fiber One 80 Calories Chocolate Cereal for breakfast yesterday and thought it could really add a tasty crunch to cookies.  Naturally, I combined the two thoughts together (reminiscent of my Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter Cookies) and this is what I came up with:


Nutella Crunch Cookies

7 Tbsp butter - softened  
1/2 cup Splenda sugar blend   
1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend - packed  
1/2 cup Nutella  
1 egg  
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour  
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt  
1 cup Fiber One 80 Calories Chocolate Cereal - crushed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.  Cream softened butter with both sugars.  Once mixed together, cream in the Nutella, then the egg and vanilla.  Make sure these are all well combined, then gradually mix in the baking soda, salt, and flour.  Add the crushed chocolate cereal until it's just incorporated.


Place dough in tablespoon sizes on the baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy your tasty treat and crunch away!

No comments:

Post a Comment